At Trustly, we are passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products, available in 29 European countries, attracts global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, the private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider. We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 280+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and regional offices in UK, Spain, Malta, Germany and Finland. Together, we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you will do here will make a great impact.
We are now looking for a Legal Counsel to our legal team in Stockholm who can contribute in taking us to the next level.
About the role:
Trustly’s legal team consists today of 6 legal counsels. The team supports the entire organization by finding innovative solutions and providing high-quality user-friendly advice. The team is closely integrated with the company’s business activities, involved at the front-end of decision-making, and forms an important role in Trustly’s journey of becoming the leading global bank-to-bank payment method.
In the role as a Legal Counsel, you will assist with various legal matters, including:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts,
- Handling corporate governance questions, and
- Assist in regulatory and strategic decision-making.
One core responsibility will be to assist in Trustly’s global expansion where you will:
- Analyze business opportunities;
- Prepare and manage license applications; and
- Establish and implement policies and programs adapted for different markets.
Who you are:
To be successful in this role we see you as an individual with a high degree of integrity and ability to adapt quickly to changes. While you will work closely with more experienced legal colleagues, you will be expected to work independently, often managing and coordinating your work with external legal counsels.
We believe that the right candidate for this position:
- Holds a law degree (Sw. jur kand.) and have between 1-3 years’ work experience from a top rated law firm and as an in-house legal counsel or secondee;
- Preferably have experience from a transaction-focused team where you have gained project management skills and learned to prioritize conflicting demands and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Experience from general corporate law, commercial agreement, privacy law or IT and outsourcing is also meriting;
- Is known to be a “doer,” have a hard-working and proactive attitude and ambition to add value in everything you do; and
- Have a positive and humble approach.
To suit Trustly and our team you should be a real team player with high degree of personal judgment, right attitude for learning and taking on new challenges.
What we offer you:
Trustly offers the right candidate a commitment to constantly develop and improve. You will grow on a professional and personal level in a stimulating environment by:
- Working with challenging questions with leading professionals in an open, inspiring, innovative and business-oriented atmosphere;
- Taking part on an exciting journey as the company grows and expands its business at a rapid pace;
- Having work-life balance and fun at work in a modern and friendly workplace.
Come and join the Trustly journey!
Appication and Inquiries:
We are working with Sharp Recruitment in this process. Please feel free to contact Zarina Virsholm at +46 733 99 07 27 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for questions regarding Trustly and/or the position.
All applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.