Nordic Legal Counsel to Arval
Founded in 1989 and fully owned by BNP Paribas, Arval specializes in full-service vehicle leasing. Arval offers its customers tailored solutions that optimize their employees´ mobility and outsource the risks associated with fleet management. Arval is now looking for an experienced lawyer to fill the position of Nordic Legal Counsel based in Danderyd, Stockholm.
You will further develop the role as Nordic Legal Counsel and will support the operations in Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway. Within the framework of the group, you will be the one to set the processes and standards for the legal support in your region as well as manage all legal issues that arise in the business within the region.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Work with day-to-day legal issues such as commercial agreements, partnerships, competition law, data protection, insurance distribution, regulatory compliance, consumer legislation, negotiations etc.
- Collaborate with management regarding business strategies
- Work alongside the business with the implementation of new products and services
- Legal risk evaluation and advice
- Maintain a regulatory framework in accordance with BNP procedures
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders
- Provide trainings to non-legal colleagues
- Manage all claims/litigations brought or threatened against Arval except in the field of debt recovery and small claims
- Keep up-to-date with applicable legislation
- Drive innovation and digitalization in the legal department
- Management of external counsel
You will be working out of Arval´s facilities in Danderyd, Stockholm and the job will involve travelling to countries in the region as well as to the Benelux countries and Paris. You will report to the Legal Director in Arval HQ in France and with a functional reporting to the CEO´s in your region.
Who are you?
You have a Swedish law degree and you are an experienced lawyer with at least five years of qualified legal experience, preferably including previous experience from an in-house position. Special knowledge of consumer law and data protection would be preferred.
In order to succeed in this role you will have to be a pragmatic lawyer with an ability to prioritize and have excellent communications skills. Furthermore, you are a person with a large portion of common sense, and you are used to making legal risk-assessments.
You recognize many of the following traits in yourself:
- Very good ability to prioritize legal risks and issues
- Comfortable with taking a risk based approached when assessing legal issues
- An ability to give "good-enough" legal advice
- Embed the principle that the legal function is a true business partner in your daily work and have a capability of communicating this principle
- A pro-active "people person"
- Thrive in an international environment and in an inter-cultural working environment
- Excellent skills in English and Swedish, knowledge in Danish, Finnish or Norwegian is a plus
What we will offer you
You will join a dedicated legal team and work in a truly international environment. You will get the opportunity to further build the legal function for the Nordic region and help develop the growing business!
You will get to work close to the business and the local management and handle a broad range of legal issues.
In this recruitment process, Arval is supported by Jurek Rekrytering & Bemanning. Interviews will be carried out as applications are received so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible via www.jurek.se, please note that we do not accept applications via email. For any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Maria Elvung by phone 0700 90 18 85 or by email at email@example.com.
LIFE IS A JOURNEY MADE OF JOURNEYS
At Arval, we are constantly adapting to the ever-changing needs of our customers. As the concept of mobility evolves and expands, so does our vision.
The world, and our markets, are taking a new turn towards a profound transformation. Today, people have an extensive range of mobility options; climate change has become a major issue; regulations are tightening; and usership is gaining ground over ownership.
All these factors feed into our vision, "Life is a journey made of journeys". In other words, our options are endless: we can change jobs, ambitions, locations and minds as seamlessly and regularly as we want. The common thread throughout all our journeys is mobility. It´s what gives us the freedom to go where we want, to be who we want to be, to make change happen.
For these reasons, Arval has set itself the mission of improving people´s lives through personalised and sustainable journeys. We want to provide a broad range of options beyond the car, accounting for everyone´s aspirations, whether their priority is to save time, be more responsible or simply be comfortable.
This philosophy is summed up by our tagline, "For the many journeys in life", an expression of this change in times and habits in a world where everyone has the freedom to choose their own path, and that each path taken has a positive impact on our society and our community, and preserves our planet. We commit to bringing you flexible solutions and a seamless experience in a responsible way, every day.
Dela detta jobb