Senior Legal Counsel to Invidem
Our mission is simple but not simplistic: We help to build trust in financial markets through knowledge. In practice, this means offering qualified and compliant Know Your Customer (KYC) information to financial institutions and their corporate customers. Together with our founders, six leading Nordic banks, we have created a common standard for non-competitive KYC information in the Nordics – enabling easier and safer financial relations as well as improved customer experiences.
Invidem´s Legal, Risk & Compliance function is responsible for proactively advising on legal, risk and compliance related matters, including the interpretation of AML/KYC legislations and its impact on Invidem´s service. The function also contributes to sound operations. Among other things, our team plays a key role in securing that Invidem´s service fulfils the AML legislation in the four Nordic countries. Our team has several of touch points with both internal and external stakeholders, ranging from potential partners to the Nordic FSAs.
We are now looking at hiring a senior legal counsel to join this team.
As Senior Legal Counsel you will take part in ensuring that Invidem´s service remains compliant with the AML legislations in the four Nordic countries. Within this you are expected to have both a legal and business mindset supported by detailed knowledge of AML and in particular KYC regulations. In additional to AML/KYC-related questions you will also have the opportunity to work with commercial agreements, IPR related questions, marketing law and GDPR.
The company is in an early stage of its life cycle, which provides great opportunities to influence both the direction for this role as well as the direction and build-up of the company and the service. We offer you an exciting opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Being a company in the start-up phase, you will contribute in many ways and areas. You will join us on our very exciting journey and work together with many talented and driven colleagues.
The work will be performed from Invidem´s head office in Stockholm, the position is full-time and reports to COO.
• Proactively provide legal advice primarily related to AML/KYC matters, but also other legal topics such as commercial agreements, IPR and GDPR etc.
• Forecast future trends, developments and expected future scenarios for Invidem and the service offering relating to coming legislation and trends.
We think you are
• A team player with a passion for ensuring the legal is a natural part of the business.
• Driven and engaged with an analytical approach
• Responsible and self-managed
• Working structured and flexible
• Having a high level of integrity and a thorough working method
• Looking for your next career opportunity and willing to help drive a true paradigm shift of KYC in the Nordics.
• Master of law degree in one of the Nordic countries.
• 5+ years of working experience at a law firm, legal counsel, or other similar role within the Nordic financial industry.
• In-depth knowledge of AML and in particular KYC regulations
• A strong business understanding, being able to weigh both legal and business topics to help lead our direction forward.
• Excellent communication skills.
• An interest in working in a fast-moving, growing company where not everything is set in stone yet.
• Fluency in one of the Nordic languages (Danish, Finnish, Swedish or Norwegian) and excellent written and spoken English.
What we offer
A fun-loving work environment. We believe the combination of innovation, collaboration and balance between work and leisure is a recipe for success.
Hybrid work, where you have access to a great office but also the opportunity to shape your workplace together with your team.
The opportunity to influence. We´re still in an early stage of our life cycle, which provides great opportunities to influence both your role and the direction of our service.
Make a difference. What we do matters, and by joining us and help prevent financial crime you can make a real difference to society.
How to apply
In this recruitment process, Invidem is supported by Jurek Rekrytering & Bemanning. Interviews will be carried out as applications are received so please apply as soon as possible via www.jurek.se. Please note that we do not accept applications by mail. For any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Helena Woodcock by phone 0733 – 109585, or by email at email@example.com
A background check will be performed on all candidates who become relevant to be offered employment.
Dela detta jobb